You might be looking for a guide for setting yourself up for video call over Skype - Dos and Don'ts of Skype Video Setup. For my investment interest see my profile at angel.co/toivo. For my business profile see ee.linkedin.com/in/toivoannus/, or if its personal see www.facebook.com/toivo.annus. When interested about Ambient - head to ASI website at www.asi.ee.
Quick bio: I have MBA/CS mix degree from Tallinn Technical University. I have managed small ICT teams, projects, departments, companies since Uni. I ovesaw engineering in Skype from inception to end of 2005 - when eBay acquired S. Post exit I helped Ahti, Jaan and Priit to build Ambient Sound Investments as private asset management partnership. From ~2011 I have been more active as individual investor - you see most of my investments listed below and my profile at angel.co/toivo.
Current ongoing projects which I have invested in:
- Glasses Global - online eyeare retailer, present across South-East Asia
- Red Dot Payments - payment gateway with focus on Asia, HQd in Singapore
- Pomelo Fashion - sells you Korean style fast fashion, live now in Thailand and Singapore
- PreNav - enables drones to be aware of their proximity, enabling them with ability to avoid collisions.
- UAV Factory - is a manufacturer and designer of long endurance unmanned aerial fixed wing vehicles, based in Latvia it employs 30 people and has customers in more than 30 countries.
- Rising Tide Innovatins builds a platform for UAV operators, their customers and regulators-airspace controllers to interact, schedule the flights and enabling operators & customers to find eachother.
- Ceres Imaging uses UAV-based image feed to analyze the water stress and nutrient content of crop fields, presenting their analysis in easily understandable, actionble form. Based in CA, US, they are working with number of local farms, improving their beta-stage product.
- HipVan.com is online source for great designs in home & furnishings, fashion & accessories, art & collectibles for Singaporean market
- hopscotch.in brings upscale baby and toddler apparel, shoes, toys & books, school products, moms & maternity products and accessories to India. Operating out of Mumbai they are selling and shipping country-wide.
- Lenddo.com is combining community-based microfinance techniques with social media data, pioneering a new approach to serve the underbanked with microloans. Operating - giving loans - today in Bolivia, Mexico, Philippines with HQ in NYC.
- VIRES Aeronautics builds revolutionary wing technology - with more lift, less drag, better mpg - coming to market via UAV space. Prototyping stage, HQd in California, US.
- Qraved.com is a smart, social dining directory. Share and Qrave scrumptious dish photos from thousands of restaurants while searching for your next incredible dining destination. HQ and launched in Jakarta this September.
- Skycatch provides a proprietary drone platform (hardware and software) for commercial logistics. Product allows to surveil large geographic areas via autonomous drones doing photo and video capture, transfered to a end-user workflow application. HQd in California, US.
- Airware builds standardized autopilots for different low-end UAV's, their solution (hardware and software) is shipping and they are hiring experienced engineers to grow the team further. Based at Mountain View, CA, US.
- Coda Payments launched their airtime billing service in Indonesia in Feb 2013 under Pulsaq brand.
- AlphaSense has built "google for finacial data" making it easy for for buy-side analyst to get answers to their questions in a snap from listed company reports, call transcripts and similar data. Selling, offices in US & Finland.
- Hybrid Logic builds a smart cloud layer for ISPs and web hosts - featuring self healing, on-demand scaling, fast backup and recovery. Selling to early customers, based in UK.
- Duets is a iPhone app for remote couples to sing Karoke tunes together. Manila based team who just about launched.
- Jungle Ventures is a early-stage venture fund with NRF leverage, based in SG, with strong Indian connection.
- Pollenizer is a very hands-on incubator wiht unique operating model, coming global from Sydney, AUS.
- Luxola sells high-end cosmetics online in Singapore is about to expand to other South-East Asian markets.
- Sellfy is emerging platform for selling your digital creations - e-books, music, video, software - it takes care both the payment and delivery. Based in Riga, Latvia and first graduate of Startup Highway to take external funding.
- Sarkop is large established custom furniture manufacturer - wood based modern furniture - based at Tallinn, Estonia and exporting most of their projects, end customers being hotels, offices and restaurant.
- Vinnal has team of skilled carpenters making solid wood stairways, doors, custom furniture - a woodworking shop for high-end hand-made solutions of individual customers, based at Tartu, Estonia.
- RedMart takes care of bulky groceries shopping - from their e-shop to doorstop delivery in Singapore. Launched November 2011.
- StartupHighway is a accelerator based in Vilnius, Lithuania, focusing on startups from CEE countries, they launched their first batch in September 2011 and in December first graduates were Relead (enterprise sales lead generator), Sellfy, (SMB digital product sales platform), Llamas Valley (lifestyle e-magazine) and Utilmon (enterprise energy monitoring service).
- Insync keeps your Google docs and local storage in sync so you enjoy both collaboration on the web and offline access when needed. In private beta. Founded in Manila, HQd in Singapore.
- ReferralCandy provides customer referral system that e-shop owners can plug in to their Amazon, Shopify, Magento, Etsy etc stores. Invested Q2 2011, live, increasing reveneues, expanding, founded&HQd in Singapore.
- OK2Go is a
travel portal for Russian-speaking people providing both plane and hotel
bookings, both for outbound travel from Russia as well as internal
hotel bookings. Invested end-of-2010, live and expanding.
- ADZ Central
is a intelligent internet advertising buying platform for
enterprise-level marketing needs in SEA region. Invested end-of-2010,
live and expanding.
- Piclyf makes photo sharing easy
and fun for nontechnical people. Launched in mid-2010, early beta with
first thousand clients signing up and clients working on few platforms.
- UtilityCamp (former HUM) allows households to monitor their energy. In early alpha with ~10 households connected and monitored.
- Garena is one of the fastest
growing internet multiplayer gaming communities, emerging from
South-East Asia. Status as of late 2010 - tens of millions monthly
users, has taken in major new external funding, going too well to be
- Fraktal builds a simple CMS service - Edicy - which does not suck. Global service, focused on small sites and customers. Status as of late 2010 - growing, albeit slowly.
- PoohTech is investing in electronic payment and ticketing businesses in Tallinn/Estonia/Baltic States. Payment service CMART is live in
Latvia as well as Estonian public transport e-ticket system
where latter is used by about 50% of Tallinn public transport users.
Status as of late 2010 - Latvian payment service doing not too well,
E-ticket system doing well.
- SmartAd - largest independent advertising network across Baltic states - we invested also via via PoohTech
- Crushpad provides facilities and services for making your own wines without chateau & Golden Retriever. SF/US/Global. Service is live and growing.Status as of late 2010 - growing according to and beyond plans.
- Roadside is concept lab stage project in Tallinn whos tricycles are
eco-friendly alternative to passenger cars and public transport for
your 5-10km trips. Status as of late 2010 - work on this stopped in 2009 without much success.
provides digital work infrastructure for code-producing SMEs: wiki +
bug-tracker + sourcecode repository + monitoring + VPN + SSH + user
management .., integrated to single sign-on, based on free software. Status as of late 2010 - has few users but seeing it taking new users only slowly we rolled it into Random Consult's hosting services.
- Announced 100K Baltics Challenge on first half of 2011. Not a huge success.
Funding resources on the web that I like - and you may like as well - in no particular order:
Engineering resources on the web that I like - and you may like as well - in no particular order: